Studio Fiona K
Studio Fiona K is both a shop and a workplace in the heart of Zurich. In addition, it has become a meeting point for modern nostalgics since its opening in 2016. Here, surrounded by objects, music and people that inspire her work, Fiona creates and displays her designs. Her patiently handcrafted illustrations are printed on premium-quality silk in the Swiss Alps.
Fiona is an enthusiastic designer who loves new challenges. Accordingly, the studio is made to also be a space for others to discuss, develop and realise new ideas. To find out more about Fiona’s commissioned work follow this link to her portfolio.
- September 2016: Opening of the “studio Fiona K”, Hohlstrasse 7 in 8004 Zürich, Switzerland.
- Since January 2016: Fiona K. works and teaches at the University of the Arts in Zurich (ZHdK) in the subject area “industrial design”. She is responsible for the communication of the study programme and several student projects.
- October 2015: Design and distribution of a first own product, the pin-up girl poker playing cards.
- Since 2013: Owner of “cd studio ag – inspired by music” in Zürich. This was in fact the world’s oldest CD-store!!! Find proof here >
- 2012-2015 research assistant at ZHdK (MAE), cultural journalism programme, www.kulturpublizistik.ch
- 2011-2012 project employee at ZHdK for www.sportcluster.ch an national sports innovation network and responsible for the 2012 master degree show (product design) 2012.
- Since July 2011: designer for “jenseits im Viadukt”, www.jenseitsimviadukt.ch
- Since 2011: freelance projects for various clients (for example IKEA Stiftung (Schweiz), Rebalance, Pfifferling Störküche, OpernHausen, Sportclinic Zürich (Sporttraining), Sunglass & Accessory, Orette, SIA, Vintage Flaneur, BitBee, Sanatorium Kilchberg, Christophe Marchand Design, etc…)
- 2010-2011: Master of Arts in Design, ZHdK
- 2009: internship at Christophe Marchand Design, www.christophemarchand.ch
- 2006-2009: Bachelor of Arts in Design, Industrial Design, ZHdK
- 2005-2006: preliminary art studies at HGK Luzern
- 2004-2005: Journalism and Communication Studies at Zurich university
- 1998-2004: gymnasium Wiedikon, specialising in classical languages (Latin). Award winning Matura project about the Swiss musician Mani Matter.